Ordering Information / Conditions Of Sale:
- There are no minimum orders. Payment must be made with order.
- We accept:
- Personal checks or money orders only for phone or email orders
- Credit or Debit cards, or Google Pay at online checkout
- Connecticut residents pay sales tax.
We are currently shipping the following ways:
- UPS 2nd day or 3rd day options
- US Postal Service Express (1-2 days)
- US Postal Service Priority Mail (1-3 days)
- Hand delivery to local addresses
- Batch delivery (none scheduled)
During the winter, all orders will include a 72 hr heat pack and extra insulation
Discounts (Domestic Orders):
- $300 to $499 - 5%
- $500 to $999 - 10%
- $1000 and over - 20%
- There is no charge for phytosanitary certificates to Hawaii.
- Hawaiian residents please include import permit number.
- Please advise preferred method of shipping.
- Unless you request otherwise, we will ship Express Mail Service.
- Please include 20% of order value for shipping and handling.
- If shipping charges exceed this amount we will bill for the difference.
- Indicate if insurance is desired and include $3 per $100 up to $400.
- Plants not insured or insured at less than full value travel at buyer's risk. (Insurance covers only complete loss of shipment and not damage through mishandling or time delay.)
- We attempt to identify and label plants properly but cannot guarantee correct identification.
- No warranty, express or implied, is given as to the productiveness of the plants offered herein.
- In any/all cases, our liability is to the purchase price of the plants involved.
- If you are not satisfied with the plants you have received, please contact us within 48 hours of receipt. Plants will need to be sent back in their original wrapping, in their original box, packed to ensure that no damage will occur during transit. Upon their satisfactory return, a credit will be issued for the plants ordered.
- J&L Orchids is not responsible for return shipping charges.
- If item arrives damaged, please contact us so we can help. Damaged items should not be returned.
- Any item marked Final Sale cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Returns must be made via USPS Priority Mail or a similar 2-day service. We require using a trackable service.
- Refunds are processed to your original payment method within 5-7 business days of receiving your return and a receipt will be emailed at that time.
- A copy of the packing slip must be included with the return. If the packing slip is not included, please include the following information:
Items Returned and Reason
- All items must be in original condition with tags. Refunds will not be given for damaged items.
- Prior to shipping, J&L Orchids must provide acknowledgement of the return.
What We Do With Your Information?
- When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer's internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
- How do you get my consent?
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
- How do I withdraw my consent?
- If, after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
- Our Shopping Cart is hosted on BigCommerce. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- Your data is stored through BigCommerce's data storage, databases and the general BigCommerceapplication. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then your credit card data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and transmitted. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Third Party Services:
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
- When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements..
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards..
Age of Consent:
- By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Changes to this Privcy Policy:
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Questions and Contact Information:
- If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at:
or by mail at: J&L Orchids
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
20 Sherwood Rd, Easton, CT, 06612 USA